Acquisitions and Sales
In the sale or acquisition of real estate assets, clients seek comfort from counsel who have seen it—and done it—all. Few firms can match the breadth of our experience in these transactions; we have advised on hundreds of such matters in a wide variety of asset classes and for a broad range of clients. While our experience in the New York area is deep, it just as often extends to clients involved in sales and acquisitions across the United States.
We advise clients on every stage of a transaction, including pre-transaction diligence of property-related documents and the preparation of bids and bid materials.
Our capabilities include:
- Negotiating term sheets for purchase and sale agreements
- Forming limited liability companies, partnerships, corporations, private REITs and other entities, including negotiating joint venture agreements
- Advising with respect to sales and acquisitions of fee and leasehold interests (for hotels, office buildings, medical office buildings, multi-family buildings, shopping centers, warehouses and multi-use properties)
- Representing clients in tax-deferred exchanges
- Advising clients with respect to acquisitions and sales of development/air rights
- Tax structuring for transactions