Special Situations and Credit
Investments in distressed companies and illiquid assets are unique and idiosyncratic. Taking full advantage of these opportunities demands nimble, experienced teams that can combine bankruptcy, transactional, financing, capital markets and litigation experience to fit the deal.
Our team exemplifies these virtues, starting with experience: we have represented clients in distressed investments, rescue financings, corporate restructurings and other unique investment opportunities. And because our team, like our firm, is so tightly integrated, we do not have to rely on outside counsel to achieve our clients’ goals.
We offer a full range of advice on distressed investing and special situations, including the following disciplines:
- Rescue Financing, including bridge and short-term, “lifeline” loans
- Corporate Restructuring, including 1145 securities, rights agreements, preferred and debt securities, registration statements and appointment and counseling of board members and indemnification matters
- Capital Markets, including private placements, Reg S, Reg D, and 144A issuances, Section 13 and Section 16 filings, and recapitalization transactions such as exchange offers
- Structuring Transactions and General Counsel Advice, including formation and governance of special purpose vehicles and analysis of covenant packages and hedging instruments such as credit derivatives
- Secondary Market Transactions, including acquisitions of loans and analysis of covenants
- Other Investment Opportunities, including asset fire sales, sales out of bankruptcy and trading claims involving distressed or illiquid companies
- Transactional and Corporate Matters, including asset purchases and sales of companies
All of these endeavors are supported by our bankruptcy practitioners, who provide analysis and strategic insight to our clients.