Kleinberg Kaplan offers a broad range of services to emerging companies and investors. We provide practical, business-minded counsel for companies at all stages of their life cycles, as well as advising a wide variety of emerging company investors — venture capitalists, family offices, traditional private equity firms and other strategic and financial investors. Clients who partner with us get the advantage of extensive experience, true teamwork and an entrepreneurial culture that helps build businesses and transform ideas into successful companies.
Frequently complementing a client’s management team by serving as outside general counsel, we act as a senior member of the team and participate in board-level discussions. Our attorneys work with clients to ensure that they are appropriately structured, scalable and positioned for growth and potential liquidity events, while helping navigate legal and business obstacles along the way. We work with startup clients and other investors to help organize and fund their businesses, structure their investments, manage their employees and consultants and accomplish their business objectives. We strive to find creative solutions for our clients with sound counsel that has made Kleinberg Kaplan a trusted advisor to numerous emerging companies and their investors.
Our work in the emerging growth sector spans the full range of practice areas, including the following:
• Formation and governance
• Seed, venture capital and growth equity financing
• Strategic deals including financings, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, complex divestitures and spin-offs
• Licensing agreements, including distributor agreements, global supply agreements, sales representative agreements, software licenses and joint development agreements
• Employee compensation and equity incentive plans
• Tax structuring
• Real estate transactions
• Risk management and litigation
• Initial Public Offerings