Jonathan Ain concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings (including PIPEs), strategic and troubled company acquisition and disposition transactions, joint ventures and general corporate, securities law and contract matters. Jon was recognized as a "Rising Star" by New York Super Lawyers in 2011, 2012, 2013. and a "Super Lawyer" since 2014.
- Representation of an industrial manufacturing and rental company in connection with its $585 million sale transaction.
- Representation of a consortium of investors, in connection with a transaction valued at approximately $724 million involving the acquisition of commercial real property. The transaction was financed with approximately $200 million in equity and through credit facilities in an aggregate principal amount of $524 million.
- Representation of a leading operator of a cut flower business and its shareholders in connection with a recapitalization transaction in which certain private equity funds acquired a minority equity stake in the recapitalized company and committed to provide additional equity capital to fund future acquisitions.
- Representation of a commercial office REIT in a $545 million real estate transaction involving a 20 property office portfolio and the sale of a related real estate services company.
- Representation of a regional bell operating company in connection with a $3.9 billion tender offer for an electronic commerce concern.
- Representation of a publicly-held technology consulting company in connection with a $200 million stock swap.
- Representation of hedge funds in numerous $10 million plus PIPEs transactions.
- Representation of placement agents in numerous $10 million plus PIPEs transactions.
- Representation of a management buyout group in connection with a "going private" transaction for a NYSE listed HVAC company.
- Representation of a NYSE listed company in its spin-off of its majority owned subsidiary.
- Representation of an Internet search engine in its initial public offering.
- Representation of a secured creditor in restructuring a commercial mortgage loan portfolio.
- Representation of a public Israeli defense company in its merger with a privately-held Israeli defense company.
- Representation of issuers with respect to public offerings and private placements of securities.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 1998)
Brandeis University International Studies, Politics (B.A., cum laude, 1995)
Tel Aviv University, Israel, Education Abroad Program (Spring Semester, 1994)
1999, New York
NONPROFIT / CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS
Externship Lawyers Alliance for New York, 2001