Dov Kleiner is a partner in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Workout group, focusing on transactional and credit matters. He has extensive experience representing investors, creditors, debtors and official and unofficial committees, with a particular focus on large, complex capital structures and highly leveraged enterprises. Dov also works closely with the Real Estate group where he specializes in real estate workouts, and commercial and mezzanine loan.
Dov’s representations includes:
- Representation of mezzanine lenders in multi-site cross collateralized development loans.
- Representation of lender in multi-loan real estate business loan funding facility.
- Representation of multi-property nursing home facility real estate workout.
- Representation of multiple investment funds in connection with distressed credit investments in the communications, real estate and retail industries.
- Representation of buyers and sellers in bankruptcy and foreclosure sales.
- Representation of Shinsei Bank in connection with its claims against Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. and in its service on the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Lehman Bankruptcy and in connection with litigation with Lehman US relating to the insolvency of a Japanese Lehman affiliate
- Representation of the BI-LO supermarket chain, an operator of a 200+ grocery store chain, as debtor-in-possession in its Chapter 11 proceeding
- Acted as bankruptcy counsel to Combined Coordinating Council, Inc. and its affiliates in connection with the bankruptcy and reorganization of The Brooklyn Hospital, the bankruptcy and sale of Our Lady of Mercy, and the dissolution and sale of Long Island College Hospital, each of which were member hospitals
Columbia University (J.D., 1994)
Stone and Kent Scholar, Olin Fellowship in Law and Economics
Columbia University Graduate School of Business (M.B.A., Dean's List, 1994)
University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1988)
1995, New York
A Token Exception to Bankruptcy's 'Keep off the Grass' Sign
Turnarounds & Workouts, July 2018
Town Center's Impact On Real Estate Lenders And Borrowers
Law360, June 2017
Non-Bankruptcy Alternatives to Chapter 11 Restructurings and Asset Sales
Practical Law Bankruptcy, May 2017
Bankruptcy and Reorganization Committee, New York City Bar
Chair Non-Bankruptcy Alternatives Sub-committee